Monday, November 8, 2010

What Would You Do?


written by Stephie Goldfish

What would you do if the skyline suddenly changed?
          Would you search for greener pastures?
What would you want if you felt lost in a crowd of millions? 
     Would you hope to be found?
What would you believe when no one else can match your gentle bedside manners?

                Would you care that no one has?

What would you say if I’d said I’d fallen in love with you?

      Would you have told me the same?
 

What would you hear if you’d been told what I’d just been told?

Would you remain silent?

What would you decide with your heart caught between that Carolina moon and New York City?

                Would you choose to fall in love again?

What would you do? Don't you know?

I was the first to say goodbye, because I couldn’t bear to see you grow old, get sick, and die.

3 comments:

  1. Dilemmas and choices...
    I feel the sadness at the end.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and sad. I really like it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What would you say if I’d said I’d fallen in love with you?"

    I liked that. A sense of sadness to it.

    ReplyDelete