Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Magnitude

written on January 24, 2010 by Stephie Goldfish

This poem is dedicated to Haiti and the Haitian people! I wrote this shortly after the devastating earthquake that struck Haiti on January 12, 2010.



The heavy weight of this pain buries me alive.

I breathe, but the air is getting thinner.

I feel paralyzed with no way out.

My soft faint cries pray for someone to rescue me from this unimaginable fate.

Beyond this hell, I hear life.

They are trying to break through the barriers that traps me here.

Working vigorously around the clock they toil the plunder.

As day turns to night and night turns to day, I lose my sense of time.

What if no one comes to my rescue?

Maybe no one can.

I'm slipping into a dark place, but there is a bright light that suddenly appears.

I've finally been found.

The heavy weight of this pain keeps me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment