Sunday, February 5, 2012

Their God On the Road



written by Stephie Goldfish


Finally
she decides
to leave him
behind

to his God on the road

Days later at a camp for refugees
in Dadaab, Kenya, she pleas

I am sure
he was alive
how my heart breaks

I am left to my fate

::

Two of the children
could not walk on
anymore

Instead of us all
dying there

I was forced

to leave them to their fate

Thinking of the other five children and their mother
he left behind at home
 

He said to himself

Save your life
for the interest
of the five

these two have their God

::

As lovers from our past friendships often cannot pursue
these will be my last words to you:

I wish you all the best in your life

Finally
we decide
to leave them
behind

to their God on the road

1 comment:

  1. steph, I've read this 12 times or so now... it is dreamlike, fragmented, terrible to contemplate. And pretty good.
    Emotional impact.
    Thanks,
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete